Schedulicity

Schedule online now

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Walking meditation



Walking meditation always inspires me. A very recent trip to the Superior Hiking Trail took me up Carlton Peak, with it's magnificent vistas of Lake Superior on one side and the BWCAW on the other side. As hawks circled above, I breathed in the fragrance of pine, cedar and cypress. Healing occurs when we spend time in nature whether it is in the wild areas of Minnesota or something as simple as my own little back yard, full of Black Eyed Susan and Milkweed. As I rock my granddaughter we watch the bees, butterflies and their cohorts doing what they do best. Summer waits for no one, but, if we are paying attention, we can slow ourselves down enough to savor the flavors and fragrances; and to hear the sweetness of the birdsong a little more clearly. Feeling the heaviness of this 6 month old beauty in my arms as she drifts in and out of dreamland, I recognize that there is only now, the present moment.
Sometimes we lay on my deck watching the movement of the trees, birds and clouds. Occasionally eagles will soar through our tiny piece of the sky. It is truly heaven on earth.
I encourage you to be gentle, with yourself first, and those around you when you have an opportunity. This may take some practice, but it is a skill worth developing, like compassion, mercy, and cleaning your start up disc. And I suggest that you nurture yourself, so that those around you will learn from your example. Invest in your wellness and everyone around you shares in the returns of your investment. I look forward to seeing you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment