Schedulicity

Schedule online now

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Como Conservatory

Self-care Wednesday suggestion: visit Como Conservatory. Breath the oxygen rich air and the fragrance of the fern room. Check out the orchids blooming in surprising places. Take a book and a thermos of your favorite beverage. Browse the gift shop for cute notebooks and write down your thoughts as you wander though the greenhouses. When I spend time here I am reminded of my last trip to Paris: I set aside a whole day for exploring the Jardin des serres d’Auteuil.  I imagine I am sitting on one of the little tables scribbling in my notebook, sipping hot tea, watching the finches and parakeets in their fancy cage. Early May and unseasonably warm, I walked up to 10 miles a day through those uneven Parisian Streets. And when my feet complained I stopped for Berthillon ice cream and a glass of wine or hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment