Schedulicity

Schedule online now

Monday, January 6, 2020

Self Care 2020


Sometimes we make the mistake of thinking massage therapy is a treat or an indulgence. But no one thinks of an oil change as a treat for our vehicles. Or car wash as an indulgence. Some of us treat a our cars (or bicycles or shoes) better than we treat our own bodies. Regular maintenence for our vehicles, rotating the tires on a regular schedule just seems to make sense to protect out investment. Yet how much more would it cost to replace parts of our bodies? Kidney transplant, joint replacement, all cost far more than regular massage therapy or acupuncture.
Are we pennywise and pound foolish? Do we tend to wait until we are injuried, and in excruciating pain before booking a session?
what would it take to convince ourselves to just get it on the calender and then switch it around or adjust the schedule if necessary? 
I recently found myself with a nasty cold, wondering how long I would stall before I took a sick day and spent a day in bed with a pot of ginger tea. It took a text message from a sick colleague, asking me to cover her clients, to shake me into this realization: I needed to reschedule clients for everyone's health, but especially mine. 
Don't wait to find yourself in the same position: practice self care on a regular schedule. Looking forward to seeing you in 2020. Book online at schedulicity.comblooma.com, or text me at 612-205-4453 to schedule your next session.


No comments:

Post a Comment