Schedulicity

Schedule online now

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Health Benefits of Peppermint Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil


The benefits of peppermint are many, but the most common reason I offer it to my massage clients is that it relieves muscle soreness at the same time as it reduces inflammation. I frequently see people who have an acute condition, but more often I find overuse of a particular muscle group is the cause of restriction and discomfort. I usually apply 4 to 6 drops along the spine, lightly effleurage the oil with my fingertips and then cover with coconut or apricot kernel oil. Peppermint oil will continue to relax muscles, even after leaving my treatment room for as long as you leave it on your skin. You can further reactivate the effects by applying heat to the area. If you have only one essential oil at home, make it peppermint.

No comments:

Post a Comment